Baby Chin color ID, need opinions :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosaamorosa

So, my 2 girls had their first litters a month ago, and I am struggling to identify the colors of 2 of the babies. Their mom is a Tan Medium and the daddy is a White Velvet RPAc. I need opinions on their colors, especially with the white female (she was born very little and she is still not fully fluffy, I think shes a Light Tan white). Any help please? =)

The lil baby boy (hes got his head and tail a lot darker than the rest of his body):

104NPdO.jpg

dwxZ40i.jpg

The white baby girl (shes got darker spats on one side of her face, close to the eye, and a tan tail with a white tip, and her nose is a little darker):

6xv3Yu0.jpg

mFPZWRW.jpg

6ExjJ8A.jpg

What is your goal here? You are breeding too many mutes and creating weak kits. What was your goal in breeding an RPAc to a non RPA? Breeding too many mutes results in poor quality

If I were selling them I would call the white one a pinkwhite ebony carrier until a dark spot or two came in.

The boy is a tan. Some tan lines color in like that, I have some examples on my website; SunsetChinchillas.com and here is one on slightly darker versions of Tan/Chocolate.

Back