Help determining genders

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah banana

I was blessed with two healthy 64 and 56 g standard babies this morning and I need a little help determining the genders. This is my first litter so I'm not too familiar with sexing them. I did take a picture to hopefully get some help. Sorry for the not so good photos. They just didn't want to stop wiggling :) I hope the pictures go thru as I'm having a hard time with them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    157 bytes · Views: 115
I can't see them either. This seems to have been a problem for a while now... I wonder why....?

it takes a little practice to sex a kit at first I guess, I was lucky and had a good breeder show me when I first started. The way I do it is I grab at the base of the tail lightly and lift up until I can see the entire area. I do this with the kit in one hand and the other hand lifting. You should be able to see a space between the anus and the penis in males and for females you will find a slit on the vaginal cone and the space will be greatly reduced to almost none. let me see if i can find some photos a friend took for someone a few days ago to help them out.

Female Kit
female.jpg

Male Kit

male.jpg

Hey! Those are my pictures! Cute little chinnie butt aren't they? I'm glad the pictures are helping ;)

Nice clear photos really do help when you are learning. =) thanks for posting them on the interwebs Narcissus.

Back