Manna Pro Pro

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smidgeyy

Alright so I have two chins and they are currently eating Manna Pro Sho.

I can only get this is a 50lb bag... Obviously that is a bit obnoxious for two chins.

Does Pro work just as well? Do chins handle switching between the two without any trouble? They both really love Sho but I waste a lot of food. The shelters around here rarely get any rabbits and never a chin, so it won't be any use to them. >.<

They should be fine on Pro. My breeding chinchillas do much better on Sho but for my pet animals I've really not noticed a difference.

I'm just worried about them not liking it.

Momo has been on Manna Pro Sho since he was born(I'm assuming, as that's what the breeder had him on), and Chilly has been on Oxbow in the past. He wasn't too thrilled about switching to Manna Pro Sho but it was cheaper to get.

Does anyone know where I could go to get smaller bags of MPS? There was a 25lb bag(I think?) but now I only see a 25lb bag for Pro. I asked my TSC and they said they would only carry the 50lb bag. :/

I'm just trying not to order online because shipping is a pain >.<

A well justified concern, but i do find it ironic considering what happened with me' lol

When i took in my first chin chico he was on one of those little pet store bag foods with all the 'treats' in it. I had kept him on it for a while because i didn't no any better. (Never heard of a chinchilla before he showed up at my door.)

I eventually went to switch his food. I ended up choosing Manna Pros: Select Series Pro. Worried that he would reject it, i did the slow switch. Starting with like 75% original food, 25% new food. Slowly ween him on to the new food. .... .... I was in shock to find the next day my chins ate every pellet worth of the new Select Series Pro food, and wouldn't touch there old food with the 'treats' in it. 0.0

Now im not saying that will happen with your chins for sure or anything, that was just my personal experience with it. But i was truly amazed. Pro also comes in 25lbs bags at tractor supply. Which is much better then 50lbs. Even with 5 chins i wouldn't fully make it through 25lbs. Now that two of them are on a different food because of chico's diabetes, i only have my three girls on the Pro. So i still have a bit extra with a 25lbs bag.

They're both eating Sho without any problem. They enjoy it, but one of them was finicky when I switched him from Oxbow. When I first got him, he was on Kaytee food and he LOVED the Oxbow as soon as I gave it to him.

I'd like to keep them on Sho but it's just so much extra food. :/ I'd like to keep one of my chins in show condition since I did want to show him in the future, but Pro would be so much easier on me. >.<

Does anyone know where to find the date on the Sho bag?
Seriously... I looked all over it and couldn't find it. I end up buying food more often than I may need to because I don't want to feed them bad food. >.<

I have my 4 on Manna Pro Pro. That's what my breeder (Vyxxin) uses and what she had me get when I first got my chins. I had switched them to Blue Seal Show Hutch Deluxe (which they liked more) but my local TSC quit carrying it, so I had to switch back. They do really good on it. I do notice that they eat a little more, but poop a little less (I think they process more of it, so less waste is produced. Just a theory). A 25lb bag will last me about 5 months, and I usually end up throwing away the last 1/8th of the bag because it's stale, but the price isn't bad so I don't mind.

Does anyone know where to find the date on the Sho bag?
Seriously... I looked all over it and couldn't find it. I end up buying food more often than I may need to because I don't want to feed them bad food. >.<

im not sure mana pro puts dates on there bags (which is a questionable act imo). Ive never found one on any of my Pro bag either. I just got to take note of when i buy the bag. - Around four months or so ill consider replacing the bag. A 25lbs bag is only around $10-12, so its not the biggest deal.

Dates on manna pro products are at the bottom of the bag on the white paper part that seals the bag. Dates could be in ordinal dates or regular dates. Ordinal dates would be something like 032H14 which means the feed was milled on the 32 day of 2014 so Feb 1st or 2nd. H would be where it was milled.

Back