Chinchilla missing fur one finger digit

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Retrogeir

Hello to you all :wave3: . I hope you guys are all doing well.
This isn't exactly a serious issue, as it does not seem to be affecting my chin in any way and is still the same behavior wise- excited to jump and run around, yet she will not miss a moment to snuggle up right beside her sister and rest. This little strange thing where her fur seems to be completely missing on one of the "toes" of one of her hind legs. As far as my memory goes, i'm fairly certain this seemed to be on her ever since i got her. Both my chinnies are turning 6 years in December (unfortunately i never found out the exact date so I celebrate Christmas with them), and I obtained both of them when they were only 6-7 months old. Although i'm not particularly concerned since ive had both of them with no health concerns so far ( apart from the occasional constipation, but it seems to leave quickly every time it happens, which is very few.), I am a bit curious as to how/why this happened, and if it really is a concern. I'll be providing a slightly dark image, with poop for scale :rolleyes:

I also have a slight other concern, although i suppose this belongs more in the behaviors section. My other chin ( the sister) seems to avoid taking a dust bath all the time. Although she does get the urge to roll and rub her face into some dust when she finds some scattered on the ground, she dislikes the little house full of dust ( I cannot leave it open, there is one family member allergic to dust.) After the other chin goes crazy over dust, the sister seems to love rubbing and rolling onto her, which can end up in some angry short barks. They dont fight at all dont worry, they love each other too much. Her fur does not seem to worsen its quality at all, and ironically she has the least occasional slip fur. I suppose she doesn't move around as much to get it caught in anything. Any tips or thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

Attachments

• fPWM7UR.jpg
    fPWM7UR.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
Back