Constant Shedding

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerk

Chinchilla Servant
I took my chin into the very about a month ago because her coat was shedding. He said it was normal and would end in a few weeks. He didn't see anything wrong with her skin and she was healthy. Well she is still shedding. No fur loss just constant shredding. She's been like this for a while. Is this normal or should I be worried?
I know it's not fur slip and it doesn't seem to irritate her in anyway.

chins grow new fur about every three months. it could be just normal shedding, unless you notice dry or flaky skin

It is normal. At certain times chins will shed a lot more than what you are used to having them shed. It may help to comb her out and maybe give her a dust bath every other day. Dusting helps to clean out the dead fur that is being shed. A good comb through will help to get a larger amount of fur out all at once.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on her skin. But I did just buy her a long toothed comb but she puts up quite a fit.

Is she white/mosaic? My white boys shed all the time! If I pick them up, my shirt will be covered. My black velvet hardly sheds at all.

No, she's a sassy grey standard. My beige sheds but it's not as noticeable as the standard's.

Back