How Does your Chinchilla Accept a Treat?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your chinchilla accept a treat by paw(s) or by mouth?

• By paw(s)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • By mouth

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pepperpot

Chin Mum & Fluffslave!
I'm interested to know how your chinchillas accept any treat offered to them, with a paw, or by mouth. This poll is based upon personal observation of my own chinchillas. Out of my nine, six accept treats by mouth and three accept treats by paw(s).

Both! All of my boys will grab a cheerio with their paws, but will eat crushed rosehips out of my hand. Zoid and Rufus will take sticks with their hands, but Dale will only take them by mouth.

Rosey grabs the treat with her mouth, carries it to a comfy location, then transfers it to her paws to maximise her nibbling power :)

mine grabs it with their teeth and runs to the other side of the cage like i was going to take away their treat and stare at me wile they eat it. odd little guys lol
11437663_zpslt0l1gbv.jpg

From my observations!
Beano likes to take his treats by using his paw
Gaston however likes to take his treat by using his mouth while using his other paw to slap you hand away after hes taken the treat!:)

Candy would take her treats (hays/pellets/wood sticks) by mouth first then grad it with her paw to eat/bite.

Back