The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome cages! I recently joined the FN cage situation myself, and it's been a pretty big list of pros and cons.

Here are some of my cage setups - some recent changes include switching to stainless steel bowls that adhere to the bars, removing the girls' wheel to a shared playtime cage (all my chins go in one at a time once or twice a week when they seem restless), and adding some ledges and huts. I tried not to clutter up the space too much, I don't want them feeling like they gained a new cage but lost space to run or jump.

qpf18z.jpg

2my7pmb.jpg

23wphf9.jpg

ht7on6.jpg

2efnotz.jpg

New FN182 owner question

Hi everyone, I'm a new FN182 owner, and I have a question. The bottom of my cage doesn't seem to be sturdy. It's fine as long as it stays in one place, but it I want to move it to vacuum, then it is really flimsy. So much that I will not move it unless my chin's are out of the cage for exercise time. Does anyone else have this problem? How do I fix it? I have already taken the cage completely apart and put it back together thinking something was off, but it's exactly the same. I have included a couple pictures. Please excuse the mess. I had just finished cleaning cages, and I hadn't vacuumed yet. See how the bottom part leading to the wheels bends out at about a 30 degree angle? Well maybe not 30 degrees, but you see what I mean.
ZZEKf6x.jpg

HjkAkjT.jpg

I am not a fan of the "no tool" ferret nations. The newer ones do have a better base than earlier no tool models but they still move compared to the 142 models. Conact Midwest and explain the problem.

Hi guys! Im new to this whole community, but I wanted to show my FN cage for you guys, so yay for me in the Ferret Nation Club!
But sadly I have to wait till my Bass pans,chew toys,and hang toys all come in >.<
Anyway, welcome all new peoples like me, and yah!
Btw, totes jealous of all of you guys's setups! Anyone know of some cheap fleece liners? Thanks! :p

~~~~~~MY DARLING CHILI~~~~~~

http://gyazo.com/a2e930dc6c3bdbc0b54e1d4b8c20c9e5

Finally joining the club! Ordered the FN 181 which finally came on Friday and all the ledges came yesterday. Now just waiting for the bass pan to arrive!

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 43
help with cage

I have a baby chin 13 weeks old and a double CN n I need some ideas how to set it up. Because he's only a baby I don't no what to put in his cage or where.. I have a picture on my profile in my albums of his cage I have fleece liners n a hammock for him

Ferret.com had a sale, we upgraded to three tiers

Well ferret.comhad a 25% off sale on FN add on units.
So we got the third tier.
(FYI There is still a 15% going on right now.)

Gerby's house now qualifies as "apartment status" in NYC.
I'm going to have to start charging him rent.
:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 88
Hi! I may post this somewhere else too so it doesn't get lost in this thread, which is incredible by the way! But I was curious, I recently bought my FN 181 unit and was looking for a second unit; does it have to be the 182? Or can a 183 unit go right on top of a 181 as well? Thank you for any help:)

Also! I saw someone post that ferret.Com is still 15% off, and just so people know 1800petsupplies is 30% off! A 183 add on is 69.99 which I believe is even cheaper than the ferret.Com sale, so if you need to save money!!:)

Hi! I may post this somewhere else too so it doesn't get lost in this thread, which is incredible by the way! But I was curious, I recently bought my FN 181 unit and was looking for a second unit; does it have to be the 182? Or can a 183 unit go right on top of a 181 as well? Thank you for any help:)

The 183 is made to go on top of the 181 (to make a double) or the 182 (to make a triple high cage). It's basically just the cage part like the top unit of the 182, or to look at it another way, like the 181 without the stand and a cutout bottom instead of solid.

The 183 is made to go on top of the 181 (to make a double) or the 182 (to make a triple high cage). It's basically just the cage part like the top unit of the 182, or to look at it another way, like the 181 without the stand and a cutout bottom instead of solid.

Oh ok thank you! I just didn't know if maybe they connected differently and didn't want to buy the wrong piece!

Attachments

• Snapchat-1753701864524404496.jpg
    Snapchat-1753701864524404496.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 55
Well ferret.comhad a 25% off sale on FN add on units.
So we got the third tier.
(FYI There is still a 15% going on right now.)

Gerby's house now qualifies as "apartment status" in NYC.
I'm going to have to start charging him rent.
:)

Wow, 3 levels all to himself! What a lucky chinny!
I love all the blue fleece items. I try to have mostly blue/green things!

Here's my boys cn (close enough right? ;P) a month or so ago. will post updated ones soon!

Attachments

• Chin Cage.jpg
    Chin Cage.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Ein's Half of Cage.jpg
    Ein's Half of Cage.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Stu's Half of Cage.jpg
    Stu's Half of Cage.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 48
Back