Moving to Colorado

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuddlebug

Well, next Tuesday is the big day. We will be packing up and moving back home to Colorado (chins, dogs, cats and humans). Our new address will be in Aurora, Colorado on S. Andes Way. And no, the irony of the street name has not slipped by me. I will get back on here and update after the move and you will see more of me on here again. Wish us luck.

We made it!

Hi, everyone. I just thought that I would let you all know that all 40 chinchillas and 10 humans made the 24 hour trip to Colorado from Southern California. It took so ling because we had two vehicles, a Jeep with a traiker and a a huge Uhaul truck, that could only go about 60 miles an hour (less on the steep grades in the Colorado Rockies).

All of the chins did fantastic and I have made my mother into a chinchilla lover by having her drive the chins in her van. She says they are her babies, too, now since she drove them a thousand miles. Gotta Love it! Prior to the move she kept telling me to get rid of them since it would make the trip a lot easier.

I can't imagine moving 40 chinchillas! Two chinchillas and two dogs in one car is about all I can handle.

It took us 2 days to put the cages back together. The biggest problem with moving our little zoo was that the 2 cats cried the whole way. The dogs and chins were all quiet.

Back