gotten a new cage but doesnt have a hard cover

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoxo

for the bottom and middle part.
i ended up getting this cage for my chin

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QFMYWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and i have fleece and a towel in it but still want a hard part the bottom and middle panels. i was wondering what i could use for it or what you use if you replaced it. i tried looking for a panel cover but didnt have any from that company and other company didnt have the right size for it.

also sorry if i dont make sense i not sure what im trying to explain is called

If I'm understanding you right, you are looking to cover the grating on the floors with something solid? For the bottom you could order a custom metal pan from Bass Equipment they make a Fiesty Ferret placement pan. If possible remove the metal grating and just use the pan. If it's not possible to remove the grating then just put the pan on top of it. The grating in the middle is not safe either, so I would just remove it and make wood shelving that runs the length or width of the cage. Also in case you haven't already make sure to replace or cover all the plastic shelves and get rid of the ramps. The hammock is also not chin safe so best to just toss that as well.

Honestly due to the poor quality of the Fiesty Ferret (they tend to rust within a few years) and the fact that it doesn't even come with chin safe floors, you would have been better off getting the Double Ferret Nation instead. The FN is a much better cage, it's a bit bigger, all 4 doors open rather then just one on each level and it has pans on all levels and shelves that can be replaces with custom made metal ones or simply covered in fleece.

Back