Ella, ? - Sept 3, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie

Stuck on Hedgies
Sorry for the late post, sometimes there are just losses that are really hard to accept and this was one of them.

Ella came to us in horrible shape, broken, jaw, a few broken toes, severe quill loss, malnutrition (despite being a very large lady). She had been found along the road and was noticed by the crows that picked at her.

She was the friendliest hog we've had, came when you called her and loved to run around the house. She always woke up when she heard someone coming and came out of her bag to greet them. She was definitely a tummy animal. She had a great year with us.

She developed paralysis very suddenly, everything was ruled except except the usual suspects only confirmed by necropsy. She had good days and bad days and within 16 weeks of her symptoms, she passed in her sleep from what the necropsy indicated was likely WHS.

She is greatly missed, and we still haven't been able to put away her toys yet. She was a gentle and loving soul. RIP sweet girl.

DSC_0529.jpg

What a sweet looking girl and such a sad story. I am glad that she lived the last year of her life with a family that loved, appreciated and cared for her!

I am so sorry. I remember the post when you brought her home. She knew how much she was loved. Bless you for saving her life and giving her all the love she could ever want.

Miss Ella... Rest in peace little one. I'm glad you found a good home in which to spend your final days. What a journey you've been on.

I'm so sorry.

Back