Chin Sudden Behavior Change, Charging then Biting

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chin recently has been displaying a behavior change. When he's out of the cage (for playtime), he'd sometimes charge at people then nick them at the legs. Sometimes the bites are soft so they feel like needles pricking at your skin, and other times the bites break skin. I don't know why he's suddenly behaving this way! He only does this to a specific person, who has never harmed or mistreated my chin. Any thoughts? :help:

Did the person he goes after change their smell at all? New soap, perfume, cologne, lotion, etc? Chins can be very sensitive to smells.

Did the person he goes after change their smell at all? New soap, perfume, cologne, lotion, etc? Chins can be very sensitive to smells.

Nope :\ He's biting everyone in the household except for me, his owner. Sometimes he charges at people then bites, other times he comes up to them, sniffs them, then bites and runs away. Often his bites are deep enough to draw blood! I'm really at loss for his behavior change :(

Back