Hello!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mainzy

Hey chin and Hedgies!

Finally found the intro sub ( link in email didn't work for me). I'm 27 f, from Canada. I'm a first time chinchilla mom, life time chinchilla lover. I've always loved the little furballs but I had to make sure I had the right environment to bring a chin into. I've got a 7 month old chin named Sugar because she's sweet as sugar :p I'm also a cat mom two two wonderful cats. Let me tell you that introducing a chin to cats was an adventure! For a while I thought what did I do? What if this doesn't work? After time and bonding I can say now that my cats and my chins are good friends (well as much as you can be friends with a cat lol ), some times my cats just like sitting and watching my girl sugar play, other times they can't be bothered. If she's feeling sassy she does what I love to call "dust bomb" me or the cats, where she goes in her bath rolls around then bounces near them or me. It's been incredibly fun learning my girls personality, what she likes, her favourite treats (apple skin and cranberries).
Anyways I stumbled upon this site after googling some chin facts ( I always make sure I have the right facts about what to do with my chin before I do it, at least I try to), I ended up finding a yahoo question and answer about letting chins outside. My fiance had just asked if we could let her out and I said no it's too dangerous, but I had to look and be certain ( new parent paranoi?) A few more links later and voila! Here I am! So I think that's about it, I gotta stop writing or I'll just keep going 😋 I'm excited to meet other chin owners, and make sure my girl has the best possible life!

Welcome! Glad you found us. I'm happy to hear that your cats get along with your chin, but it's not a good idea to let them hang out. Cats, with one poke of a nail, a bite, or a lick can infect your chin with diseases (pasteurella or Bordatella) that is unnoticeable in your cat, but deadly for your chin. It's always recommended to keep them separate for your chin's safety.

Back