Help my chinchilla was attacked by other chinchilla

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a critter nation 2 story cage. The little hole in the corner that connects them I have always blocked off with a firm fitting litter pan. I have had the same 2 groups of 2 chinchillas (4 in total) for the last couple years. I have always know they don’t like each other so I keep them separated and nothing ever happened but 2 nights ago one of them Chewed through the litter pan and got to the other ones. The one she attacked has almost no fur left on her back and has a bunch of minor cuts and bite marks. I got prescribed cream, painkillers, and antibiotics from my vet and I didn’t think it was that bad (I have had worst cuts on my other chin by far and he was fine 2 months later) but Pippi (who was the one that got attacked) is being very slow, low energy, and is keeping her eyes shut most of the time. He face is scrunched in and she does not move a lot and he entire chin to underbelly is wet. Worst of all she is breathing pretty heavy. She is not eating or drinking by herself but if I hand her and apple or some oats she eats it. What should I do, she has always been my sweetest and most energized chinchilla and I would hate for her to die because I was not careful of the plastic litter pan. Please help!

Back