Greetings from Rhode Island!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anp356

Hello All,

Well this past few months has certainly been a learning experience both from you folks on the Chins forum!

Early last November, as an early Christmas and graduation from vet school gift to my girlfriend, we went out and got a fairly young (guessing about 1yr old) female chinchilla from a store, as we were new to the facet of chinchilla breeders and such as it's not a too common critter around here. (Now we know and will be either adopting or purchasing from a breeder in the future):)

Store cage purchased, and a few toys later (some of which we discarded after education from this site ie ball and plastic wheel) it has been quite a labor of love both raising our chin Louise. Since November, we have learned quite a bit about her antics and how she behaves, and it's really quite fascinating.

Some would say Chins are easy to spoil and I can certainly see why. If Rhondaschins had a "frequent buyer" program, we would be on it!

Ill upload some pics of her soon, but she is already an instagram favorite and will always hold a spot in our hearts.

Exciting! Really glad to hear you are learning about chins - they do have quite a depth of intelligence, emotionally and otherwise. This is an awesome forum for sharing and learning - I always direct people here, especially new owners on Instagram and Facebook. Welcome.

Wow! Pass a "Congrats" to graduating vet school !! Woot!
And double congrats with getting a chin! they have to be the sweetest little creatures ever!
:)
I'm excited to see pictures.

Welcome to the forum!
I'm a newbie too and this page is fantastic!

Thanks everyone. Today's project is to put the AC in, as we've been in the low 80's in the day/ 60's at night most of the past few days, although low humidity. Typical Rhode Island Spring. Louise is making use of her chincooler and taking to the cool corners of the room. She's doing really well considering and enjoys being let out to run around before our bedtime when the heat of the day dies off.

Thanks for the welcomes :)

Welcome! I'm so glad you are doing your homework. I wish I had before I got my first chin. It would have saved me a lot of money.

Back