Fuzzies kingdom sold out of hay !! Who else has good hay ?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Amber*

Ok I just went to re-order my hay for the chins and Fuzzies Kingdom is sold out....My chins LOVE this hay. Anyone else recommend a good hay??? Gotta order VERY soon, I am about completely out.

I buy mine from Small Pet Select... My babies love it more than anything. :]

I always order 5lbs of 2nd cut timothy hay :D
I have been wanting to try their orchard grass but I'm not sure if my guys would go for it or not. XD

It also depends on what kind of hay your chin likes. I feed my guys oxbow hay, a mix of timothy and something else, orchard, oat, or something like that. I've also fed my guys American Pet Diner mountain grass hay which they loved. The problem with store bought hay though especially from large companies is it can vary through the year and from year to year. As well as vary from area to area, for example living in Canada my Oxbow hay still comes from the US so it's shipped. Also chins can be so picky that what one chin loves another may hate.
The only real advice is if you chins are picky do a mix of hay rather then one kind, it seems to work better. If it's the foraging hay you are talking about then I see it is a mix of hay (timothy, orchard, oat, meadow, and alfalfa) as well as herbs, so you could try getting the different hays and try making your own version. Also it's organic so maybe try just going with organic hays. Personally I wouldn't try recreating the herb mix, the wrong mix can do more harm then good, unless you know what you are doing.

I emailed Fuzzies for their estimated resupply - it is sometime in summer.
I've heard awesome things about it from other threads.

Right now I'm feeding a mix of Sweet meadow Timmy (kind of brownish but super soft and fragrant), Kaytee orchard grass (eh, not a fan of Kaytee, but it's pretty) and oxbow chamomile stacks (chinzilla uses this as a potty <sigh>)

My guy is super picky too. Super excited to try the foraging hay.

Back