My 2 new boys: Jack and Astro :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyForChinchillas

Chinchilla maid ;)
I adopted these two half brothers on Feb. 16th from Humble Acres Chinchillas. They have the same dad. Astro is the ebony and Jack is the black velvet. Astro was born in July and Jack was born in August.
They're in a temporary small cage until they go into a quality cage mansion when I get my fleece for my first FN 182 for my other pair (Nibbler & Ramble). And I plan on ordering another FN 182 very soon to put these guys in (in case they ever don't get along in the future). They're very friendly and so adorable.

This makes 8 chins that we have now. But we plan on getting a 9th, a blue diamond male, from a breeder in about 2 months which will be our last chin (I say that now, but who knows... I said our last chin would be our 6th... LOL).

Please excuse the mess in their cage as they are messy boys and their cage only stays clean for a moment after it's cleaned. LOL

16457722288_f52d4a4743.jpg
16643879121_8e70596392.jpg
16619368996_7b60991a57.jpg
16645285525_bca82c2ddb.jpg

16457718058_8dc4faa502.jpg

Thank you!
Yeah. ;) They're just so awesome as pets. I don't have any other pets, so they get spoiled. :) I've always wanted a black velvet and a blue diamond, so the dream is coming true.

Beautiful boys!! I have an ebony girl myself :)

8.... 9 chinchillas! Wow! How much do you spend in a month on chew toys and food/hay??

Food and hay last us a while since we buy in bulk. Food is around $68 with shipping (which is the most expensive part for food) for 50 lbs. For 50 lbs. of hay I use Doctors Foster & Smith oxbow timothy since it's cheap for 50 lbs. or small pet select timothy in smaller amounts. I spend a lot more on hang toys than food. I usually get toys from TJs chinchilla supplies, Twilight Chinchillas, or quality mutation chinchillas. Sticks I get from Ronda's chins most of the time (kiwi from quality mutation chinchillas). But I like to try different vendors sometimes like chinchilla city.

Back