Hello chin parents!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shannon.pace4

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and share a bit of background on my new little fella!

I'm a 21 year old soon to be Physiotherapist, who also works with a vet. Proud mama of two cats.

3 days ago I unexpectedly bought a chinchilla from a petshop after I realised he was being mistreated. He was left out in a small cage on a stand in the sun together with some other animals. I live in Malta, Europe, and right now it's already hot if you stay directly under the sun. When I saw them out there in the sun I went to the sales-person and advised him to place them inside or at least in the shade. After multiple tries he said he didn't care anyway!! As I was on my way out to go call animal walfare, one of the chincillas, who looked extremely dehydrated and weak got closer to the edge of the cage and I couldn't but pity the poor thing. I immediately knew what I had to do. Took him home and now he is very happy and healthy (apart from some dry skin). He's very playful and curious and already shows a LOT of love! His name is Andy :)

I'm still learning about chincillas so any feedback would be appreciated!

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend c: xx
c99d71c54281781b06dbff4908dc3dba.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

THAT'S SO SWEET!!! I'm going to get a little chinnie soon too and ive been consuming HOURS of this girl's content from youtube she's called " The Chinchilla Notebook" (link down at the end of the post. She really covers A LOT of the important and no so essential questions such as play time, toys, cage set a lot of stuff that helped me to have an idea of how to take care of my chilla.

Hope you get to know Merlin too! He's so adorable!!!

I hopee I helped you with something, have a great day and stay CHILLAH!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQCYP-ohpoZ40BOFD0MhJjg/videos

Thanks! He really is c: really glad I made that decision

Thanks so much Tatxen! I'll be sure to check it out 😊 and good luck for Merlin I'm sure he'll enjoying having a parent so ready and dedicated!

Back