Picture of conjoined twin babies (warning, very graphic)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came across your thread. I am so sorry about the twins, and the ordeal momma must have gone through, but baby Mia sure is a doll!

Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I certainly appreciate this.

I am sincerely sorry for your lose and sadden by it.

How often do conjoined twins occur in chins? More so a question for larger breeding operations if any of them have ever seen it or heard about it.

Sorry for the loss. Glad the girl and mommy are doing well.

I haven't heard of many other cases of conjoined twins -- I heard someone had a two headed chinchilla last year born dead, but that was really it.

Just wanted to update everyone on Terrah and Mia! Terrah is doing well. She's still demanding to be handfed and not eating as much as I'd like her to on her own, but I've weaned her down to handfeeding twice a day (AM and PM). She has lost about 50 grams, but she is still 750 grams so I am not terribly worried. If she drops below 700, I will start feeding her more often. She is poo'ing and drinking water on her own, yay!

Mia is 8 days old. She weights 98 grams and is mostly pure evil. I love it. She can escape *anything* and so right now she and Terrah are in a cat kennel that I place inside a large rubbermaid container when I am asleep, because I don't *think* she can climb out the rubbermaid container if she gets out of the carrier. I am hoping she's getting too big to get out soon.

Thanks so much for everyone's kind words and advice! We all appreciate it!

Thanks for posting this - rather interesting. Makes me thankful that my suprise pregnancy went well through birth!

Sorry to hear about the twins anyways and the surviving baby is so cute. Congratulations

I am so sorry for the loss of the twins. I wish mama a speedy recovery and hopefully your little devil won't give you too much trouble!

thank you for the pic im so sorry to hear about that but atleast the mom is safe and the kit is so cute:)

Back