Question about FN cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnward79

I'm getting a FN cage and I was wondering if its possible to remove the storage shelf area to make the cage shorter. The ceiling where I want to put it is slanted and a little shorter.

Yep the wheels will fit into the bottom of the cage were the square bars for the storage shelf would go in.

Looking at my cage I'm now questioning my answer, I've never tried removing the storage, but I'm pretty sure I've seen people do that so they could fit 3 unit cages in a room.

Hmmmm. What if I just leave the wheeled section off? But then I guess the cage would be impossible to move.

It's possible, but I dunno if you can do it without taking the entire thing apart. You should be able to though.

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm going to try to fit it with the storage area first, and I'll take it off it's too tall for the room.

The newer no tools for assembly FN are a PITA to put closer to the floor. The ones I have had experience with will have for lack of better description-nubs on each corner when legs are removed . I had to help the hubby develope a platform on wheels with cut outs for the nubs to remove the lower storage section. This is no problem to do with the older models that use the screws.

Back