Kecking or Kacking during the night

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TmG

I'm almost positive now that the sound Carl makes every now and then during the nights is a Kacking. I'll get up and check on him but I'm not sure what's causing him to make the sound. I know he can hear stuff I can't, and we have a cat who likes to run around during the night as well so he could just be hearing him but it's still concerning hearing him make that noise. Does anybody else's chinchilla do this? The only good thing is, it doesn't last long. He'll kack maybe 7 times at the most in an hour and then he's fine the rest of the night. Should I be worried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my beige males, Zulu does this on a nightly basis, probably two or three times per night. He also does this when I'm in the bath. I put it down to sounds that are slightly different that the chins hear and we don't. I have no worries regarding Zulu making this sound as his health, temperament and so on are where they should be. Zulu will sometimes make this sound if I've disturbed his sleep on going into the chin room.

Hope this helps. :)

Definitely normal depending on personality. My BV will scream sometimes, but he's just trying to get the girls' attention. He's been thoroughly checked out, but the only problem seems to be in his goofy brain! I wouldn't worry unless there's a change in overall behavior, consumption, or weight.

Thank you so much guys! When I first got him he use to make this squeaking sound almost like a creaking door but he no longer makes it. Now it's a keck. When he does it he tends to shake his head which is why I had originally thought it was a sneeze. He also does this if I've just painted my nails that day and I go to pet him. He hates the smell so I try to wash them frequently to get the smell off but it normally takes a day to go away. I guess I'm just a mother hen and I tend to overreact when he does stuff. He's my baby! 😄 no matter how old and crotchety he gets!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back