Looking for affordable (Canadian) chinchilla supplies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenniqui

I am based in Ontario, Canada, expecting to be a first time chinchilla owner and am currently doing a tonne of research, trying to get my chinchilla cage set up before homing one in the near future. I’ve come across many quality American vendors, luckily some that ship internationally, but not as many Canadian based vendors. Would any Canadian chinchilla owners be able to recommend some vendors they often shop at that are cost effective in terms of shipping in the long run (whether it is Canadian/American)? I assume shipments from the states to Canada may incur duty fees as well depending on the items ordered...

I have already purchased basic necessities like pellets, hay, dust, bedding from amazon/pet stores and would likely continue to do so as the prices are reasonable. I’ve decided to make my own wooden shelves to replace the plastic levels in my All Things Living animal condo.

Currently I’m still looking for affordable chinchilla treats (rosehips/apple sticks/other) and chew toys. Also always looking for interesting wood work pieces from locals (like hidey houses/hay feeders/novel perches). Etsy has some really nice wooden cage accessories but I cannot justify the price of shipping (as they’re sometimes even more than the product itself).

Thank you Chins n hedgies community in advance!

Back