Reintroducing Kokomo and Kenai!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CerLynn

Just thought I'd reintroduce our two little guys, who have both been through a lot already...

You might remember Kokomo, our adorable little accident-prone standard chinnie boy. We got him from Petsmart back in October, and within two months, he had had two e-vet visits - the first was when we found him hanging from one of his FN ramps by his back foot. Luckily no breaks that time. Then, he decided to try flying on the way to playtime one night and ended up actually breaking the same leg in two places... so he had a surgical pin inserted to hold the bone together. His recovery has been slow, but he's now well on his way to being fully healed - the pin is already out, and he hopefully has just one more week with the splint. He's become even more of a sweetheart during this whole thing - he's totally content to sit on our laps while we're watching TV or working on our computers - as long as he gets proper attention of course :D I think I've posted all these before, but since everything is gone now, I'll add them again :)

We then adopted Kenai about 3 weeks ago, in the middle of all this (including a broken hamster leg as well) from Cheryl (poetrue). He's a handsome violet wrap, about 5 months old. He's a very social sweetheart, but unfortunately has been dealing with some GI issues. We had started switching him to Mazuri (from PANR), and he got soft poos... so we went back to the PANR alone. That seemed to clear things up for a few days, but the diarrhea came back even worse than the first time. We took him in and they did a float and smear, and found potential roundworm eggs... so he's been on his anti-parasitic treatment for a week now, but unfortunately with not much improvement. He's at least eating/drinking well, active, and maintaining weight. It's so hard to resist playing with the little cutie, but we'd rather not get covered in poo :eek: Anyway, I'll add some pics of the little guy as well :)

Kokomo

IMG_7685resize.jpg

IMG_7857resize.jpg

IMG_7880resize.jpg

IMG_7912resize.jpg

ohhh they are sooo sweet!!! i wish him a full recovery!!! oh man those faces are priceless!!! those are some great shots you got there!!!

i love that one of Kenai sleeping...both sleepy pics are the best!!!

yea, I have all light sleepers in my house:cry4:

Oh I just love Kenai! How gorgeous! Great pictures.

Adorable boys! I'm in love with Kokomo and love his name!

Your chins are goregous! I wish I could get sleepy pics of Templeton...they're so precious! :angel8:

Cute chinnies and great pictures! I hope Kenai's poo issues resolve soon!

I snuck in from the hedgie side to see pictures... OH MY GOD!!! Chinnies have such cute feet!!! Just as cute as hedgie feet!!!!

Back