Roaming free

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptamom

I have posted the fact that I have a small little play area for Sunshine. She knows that there is something outside of the area and always shows interest in getting out.

I would let her out but I am renting a house and it is not "chin proofed," the last time, she chewed on the baseboards which I can't have happen. Also, I am not sure that she would come to me if I would let her go.

I see all kinds of pics of Chins on the beds and although mine will sit on my lap, I haven't tried to hold her yet.

Any advice?

I'm not sure what you are asking for advise on. Free roaming is a terrible idea, chin proofing a house is nearly impossible and chins don't really come when called. Or are you wanting to know how to chin proof a room?

If you feel you have a good bond with your chin and your room is chin proofed you can try letting her play on your bed. I don't really advise it though, you don't want her eating your bedding, and even if she doesn't pee you will end up with poop in your bed.

Thanks. You basically summed up what I was thinking. I let her out at night and she can roam around in her own little fenced in area. She definitely knows something outside of the pin (probably due to sugar glider smell) but so far hasn't tried to jump out.

I always rely on your knowledge.

We have a large open concept house with spacious rooms; we let Gracie run free in the rec room with the doors closed and the appliances blocked off. She doesn’t come when called, but will occasionally climb on us while sitting on the couch watching TV. We can usually grab her when she comes to see us, but if we really need to catch her, we bring out her dust bath; she can’t resist it and all we have to do is close the door when she goes inside.

Back