Metal pans

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouncer36

I have a ferret nation cage
Where can I find some metal pans for it?
Right now I have the plastic ones in with a fleece covering it but Yoshi has figure out that he can chew on it on side where the fleece is fastin

God Is Good And His Love Last Forever

Not sure if they have a webpage now that lists pans specific for your cage, but if you don't see it for your exact model, I would call them direct. If I am correct, the CA location does the custom fabrication.

i see they now offer a stainless steel version. I wonder how they hold up. One of my girls had stopped using her litter pan and only goes on the metal tray now. Even cleaning it twice a day minamume, it has started eating though the shine. Now there are black and brown spots every where.

I too have that problem. The galvanized coating does not last long when peed on. I would be interested to see how the stainless steel ones fare.

Stainless steel pans last forever but have a high cost. You can also check on getting pans made from galvalume which is much cheaper than stainless and also will out last regular galvanized pans ten times over. I have hundreds of stainless pans, but now get all mine made with the galvalume. They clean up real easy and I have had some in use now for over 15 years and they still look almost like new.

I just ordered some stainless steal bass pans cost me 117.00 for both pieces

I think I worded that wrong I bought the top pan and bottom pan and with the shipping add too it was $117.00

i took a picture of the pan my girls destroyed. (still works, but looks horrific.) But it seems to have disappeared on me. Ill try again next time i take out all the litter pans to change.

One of my chinchillas loves to pee anywhere but in the litter pan, so one of mine looks destroyed, too. But I use fleece so I only see it when I remove the fleece to clean it. It's unfortunate but it still does its job! I also recommend ledges on shelves! My chinchillas have chewed all theirs off so the floor is still always a mess!

Was changing the liter in the corner pans today, so i got a few pics of a regular metal pan that has been .. altered... by chin pee over many years.

Tray_01_zps569586e1.jpg

Tray_02_zpsa5ff2170.jpg

Tray_03_zpsa768f361.jpg

They all started out all nice and shinny. But once certain chins stopped using the litter pans...

So yea, i do wonder how the stainless steel pans they have now would hold up.

I take pans like that and sand them, then paint them with rustoleum hammer finish paint. It last for several years and looks good.

I take pans like that and sand them, then paint them with rustoleum hammer finish paint. It last for several years and looks good.

how do you sand down metal like that? I assume that a standard wood sander wouldn't do the trick.
Ive also never used a rustolium product before. Is that safe for chins to be around?

I just use a regular sander or wrap a piece of sandpaper around a wood block. You just need to remove the rust and rough up the rest of the surface so the paint will stick to it, Once the paint has dried and cured, there should be no problem with it.

Back