What are your chin's crazy nicknames

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Her name is Abby...
Nicknames: Abbs, ChiChi, Fluffy, Fluff monster, Cheech

Mostly Fluff monster though :p

I haven't even gotten mine yet and my mom has decided on calling them ChiChi and ChooChoo... Or ChaCha...

I've got a new chin baby and she's a violet. My boyfriend wanted a violet because he liked the white belly :) so we call her sometimes shirohara Maru ( white-belly Maru in japanese )
or when we talk about both chins, than big little one and small little one, or baby, teddy etc :)

Garrus get's called "Lil' Guy" a lot and when he is trying to do something he isn't suppose to do, I'll sometimes call him by his "last name" - Mr. Chinchillarian.

Then when he does do something he isn't suppose to, he gets called the "Little Sh!t."

Blueberry is also referred to as, Weasel, Puffin, a combination of the both, lil monster, and pajamas. LOL, pajamas being the most odd I think, but when she stands up her white belly makes her look like she is wearing like those little kid things with the footies... haha.

My chin is named Kazoo and I always say "kazoo for brains" idk why lol. He has a lot of silly names too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our chin, Jackie Chin's nicknames are: by me- Empress, Fatty, Chinny Chin Chin, Little Girl, Jackie-nator; by my bf- Fat Rat, The Fat One

our chin, Chan (short for Chance Jackson) are: by me- Chinny Channy, Little Thing, Chinny Chin Chan, Prince, King, Emperor, Duke; by my bf- Stubby, Buddy, The Stubby One, One-Arm-One-Legged Thing

for both: The Stupids (in an endearing sort of way, glad to see we're not the only ones that refer to them as such xD), The Chins, Little Things, Chinnies

our cat, Kitty: by me- Kitty Cat, Cootie, Cutie, Princess, Queen, Midget, Little Girl, Boo-tiful, Squishy, Little Tiger

our cat, MeeMee: by both- MeeMer, MeeMers, MeeMee Cat, MeeMer Cat; by me- Duchess, MeeMeesh; by my bf- You Dumb Little Siberian, White Fluff, White Siberian Forest Cat

heh. even after all of those, i still missed some xD

I often end up calling my boys sneaks or sneakers because they're always trying to explore. But i also call them sweet sweets as a greeting when i come home.

We call our largest chinchilla Annabelle the "Bowling Ball" because she's shaped like a duckpin bowling ball :)

Another one of our chinchilla's nickname is "Demon Spawn". He was an accident when we had our female and male out together. We call him this because he chews EVERYTHING.

Autumn is our youngest so I usually call her "baby girl".

Cord is so sweet but, we don't really have a nickname for him :)

:hmm:My chin Henry has so many names it probably confuses the heck out of him. The most common variations are Fuzzbutt, dustbunny, pain-in-the-a**, Henry the destroyer ( because he wrecks his cage on a daily basis), poop machine, and love or loves.
My dad calls him Henry the rat, lovingly of course. :wink3:

Yuki usually gets called "Ratfink" along with general endearments. He's got the least nicknames so far now that i think about it.

Wow!! you guys are creative! my chins name is just Lucy. I call her Lu, lilla, or mouse ( if shes being bad). However the rest of my family calls her poop machine gun.

My first pet chin was originally named "Ash." However for some reason I ended up nicknaming him "Bean" which often translated to "Beanie." After he passed, I got a memorial for him that said "Bean" instead of "Ash" because I never ended up calling him "Ash" other than for about the first month of having him!

Now all of my chins have nicknames basically. Emily is Ems or Emmie, Kairi is Kai, Dahlia is Doll, Finley is Fin or Finny, Leonard is Lenny, Kiara is Key, Ezra is Ez, Clary is Claar, Ginny is Gin, Jasper is Jaz, Spencer is Spence, Hanna is Han..... you get the idea....

Last edited:
My boy Rocket gets called pretty much every apart from his actual name, we call him Rockie, Rock, Rocks, Roxie, Snowflakes, Snowy... We sometimes call Chili Chilsies but I don't remember any other nickname for him.

My chin came to me with the name Sprocket. I call her Sprocket the Poop Rocket, or Sprockety Rocket, Jerk, and sometimes when she is naughty My New Boots.

Ronin is Rice-a-Roni, Gizmo is Gizzy, Sake is Sake-Bomb... the rest don't have nicknames but I tend to call them chinnie-girls or chinnie-boys.

My niece calls my girl, Willow Kaiya, Nun-Nun. We aren't sure why, she just came up with it (she'll be 2 on October 22nd) and she calls my boys Chin-Chi's since that's what her mom calls them.

I call my boys (Mazlow and Gizmo) Mazzy and Gimo sometimes, and I'll call my girl Momma Kaiya (she's never been bred or had kits, but I tend to call all my girls Momma)

Back