eye color

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What color is your chin? Some lighter colored chins have red eyes and some have pink eyes. I have a pink white that has very dark red eyes. You can only see that they are red in sunlight, otherwise they look black.

I would say the purplish tinge is probably normal.

Purple eyes? Wow! I like that!
My new light sapphire wrap girl has a bit of blue-tone in her eyes.
Oh, I don't know much about chinchillas, but just wanted to share. Have a nice day!

My pink white has what looks to be purple eyes in regular light, but in camera flashes or brighter light you can actually tell that they are red.

What color is your chin?

Chins can have ruby eyes, which can range from pinkish to a very dark red (almost looks black). They can also have black eyes, of course, and there is a recessive trait for blue eyes. It's probable that your chin has very dark ruby eyes. What color is he/she?

I have been told he was a Homo beige and a Hetero beige, lol! He was a rescue so I don't have any info on him other than age. By looking at photo's I think he is a hetero beige. His eyes are a mix of dark brown/purple, in the naturel light anyhow. In photo's they just look dark or will sometimes go red.
chinonmagrack.jpg

Last edited:
I have never heard of purple, but I have two with blue eyes.

My tan boy has eyes like that. You can only see it in a certain light. most of the time they just look dark ruby but once in a while they look dark purple/maroon.

Back