Rigsby dislikes my son?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5melrose5

My chin Rigsby seems to dislike my 14 yr old son. He runs back into his cage and stares out if he comes into the room,or runs and hides in the room somewhere.The other day my son reached out to pet him and he nipped my sons hand! Rigsby has never nipped before. My son has very little interaction with him(maybe thats the problem?) so it does not make sense. My husband comes in the room and Rigsby is not scared ,but will immediately nibble on the veins that stick up on my hubbies veiny feet? Hubby is scared of Rigsby now! lol! He is totally fine with my 15yr old daughter and I:hmm:. Could he dislike male humans?

Son sould spend some time interacting, unless he already has and scared your chin!
They don't forgive/forget easily!!

Son/chin

I will try that. He never gives my pets the time of day and is very quiet so I doubt he did anything.

Kurtis doesn't like anyone but me so far. He lets me hold him and he'll sit on my lap or shoulders all night but he wont let Charlie (my boyfriend) dare touch him! He's let a few people hold him for a very short time but he quickly jumps away.

Kingston however loves Charlie and I think Charlie's the only person he'll let really give him a good scritch.They can be so funny sometimes :]

I say give it time with maybe more consistent interaction from your son and husband. My 2 boys react the same way towards my husband except the older chin loves to play/mess with my husbands fingers almost as if he's grooming him but he has never done that with me.

Thanks guys, I am glad to find out chins can be a little weird that way,towards people.Just another quirk to love I guess!

Back