My Chin keeps FLYING OFF her CHIN SPIN. Help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KennedyChinMom

My more nervous chinchilla keeps running so fast on her chin spin that she flies into the sides of the cage or VIOLENTLY onto her back. Help???

How old is she? Is this her first wheel? Sometimes when you give a young chin a wheel they over do it at first, especially since you should wait until they are full grown before giving them a wheel. You may need to just let her use it when you are there to watch her and take it out when you aren't there, so you are there in case something goes wrong. My guys did fly off their wheel a couple times when learning (not a chin spin but their first wheel was a drum style like that), but it only took a couple times before they learned how to slow down and get off properly.

If she is at risk of hurting herself and isn't learning you may need to just remove it. Other then that you can try to make sure there is enough padding so she doesn't get hurt. Chins don't need wheels, just like kid doesn't need a swing set, they are just nice to have.

Back