Chinchilla won't stop peeing on my bed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0McGee

I let my chinchilla out to run around in my room almost daily, but within the last week he has decided that my bed is his new favorite place to pee. I'm tired of washing my bedding. How do I get him to stop peeing on my bed?

The easiest way to stop him peeing on your bed is stop letting him on your bed. Also if he is litter trained put a litter pan out of him. If he is not litter trained try just shorter playtime, maybe he is just out too long.

Does he pee in the same place each time? If so, he might have established that place as his 'toilet'. I've had this problem before (with my chinchillas, not myself). I basically put an enormous pillow were they kept going and they sniffed and scrabbled around it, but eventually got bored and gave up when they couldn't access the pee corner. That might work?

I just would not let the chin in your bed. You can't stop a chin pee where you want it to do you can either limit or block the areas you don't want messed up

Back