Silly "teenagers"

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airyn

Well, the teenage years have definitely begun. Nixi and Buddha just turned 10 months old last week. When I went in to give them their nightly scritches before bed, Buddha shoved my hand away with all his might and kacked at me, running back into his box. Nixi ran to the bottom level, turned her back to me and scolded me over her shoulder for a good 5 minutes. When I attemped to pet her again, she tore upstairs, backed into her box and furiously shook her head at me. I was rather surprised that they both got so angry with me at once, as they're in separate cages in separate rooms. I have no idea what I did, but I've definitely been shunned.

:rolleyes2:

LOL, I'm sorry. Tribble and Tia are 7 months old and they are starting the "teenage" phase. Tribble used to be so sweet and jump on my hand, and although he still does it, most of the time he acts like a grump. He kacks at me somtimes.. lol. They get into their moods..

Tia and Chichi (their mom) share a cage. Chichi has always been timid and not wanting to be touched right from the beginning. Tia seems to be learning from her mom and rarely wants to be touched...

i love when they swat my hand away. i think it is kinda funny and amazing at the same time. they are so smart!

might be that they were jsut tired. Even my most friendly chins will snap a bit if u try and mess with them while their tired or sleeping

LOL, I'm sorry. Tribble and Tia are 7 months old and they are starting the "teenage" phase. Tribble used to be so sweet and jump on my hand, and although he still does it, most of the time he acts like a grump. He kacks at me somtimes.. lol. They get into their moods..

Tia and Chichi (their mom) share a cage. Chichi has always been timid and not wanting to be touched right from the beginning. Tia seems to be learning from her mom and rarely wants to be touched...

Maia's the same as Chichi is and is vehemently anti-touch, so I was worried that Nixi would pick up on Maia's behaviors over time. Same situation... Maia is Nixi and Buddha's mom, so once Nixi was weaned, I put her in with Maia without any issues. I still can't believe I got shoved and yelled at! I really shouldn't be taking it this personally. *lol*

i love when they swat my hand away. i think it is kinda funny and amazing at the same time. they are so smart!

They really are brilliant little creatures! Normally, if it's just a push, I'll laugh. Buddha put all of his body weight into it though, so that completely caught me off guard.

might be that they were jsut tired. Even my most friendly chins will snap a bit if u try and mess with them while their tired or sleeping

If it were the adults, I'd definitely say yes. The "babies" are always little loves when they're tired though, moreso than when they're awake. We have grooming sessions that are beyond adorable.

haha... Flea is coming out of the teenager stage. He still gets snippy. Giving him scritches is a crapshoot- I can scritch for 5 minutes around his head, ears, chin, chest, but hit the wrong spot and he is gone. And done for the night!

I'm in the middle of a teenage nightmare. However, the cosmos must be aligned perfectly right now. Shelly has been super sweet and loving this week. I'm sure by the weekend it will all have changed.

I'm in the middle of a teenage nightmare. However, the cosmos must be aligned perfectly right now. Shelly has been super sweet and loving this week. I'm sure by the weekend it will all have changed.

Is she still peeing on her shelves? ;-)

I have twin 11-month olds and an 8-month old...they are definitely my three "teenage daughters" :p. I'm glad I raised them from the time they were kits but it's sad that my sweet girls are going through this phase! Everything is on their terms right now...I do my best to appease them, LOL! Can't wait for them to truly reach adulthood.

haha... Flea is coming out of the teenager stage. He still gets snippy. Giving him scritches is a crapshoot- I can scritch for 5 minutes around his head, ears, chin, chest, but hit the wrong spot and he is gone. And done for the night!

All night?! I'd curl up in a ball and cry just to see if I could guilt trip them into loving me again. Doubtful, right? *lol*

Well, the moon does shift signs roughly every 2.5 days, so if you buy into the astrobabble, it makes PERFECT sense! The moon is currently in Gemini though, so you might not have until the weekend. She's liable to shift at a moment's notice! Watch out! ;)

I have twin 11-month olds and an 8-month old...they are definitely my three "teenage daughters" :p. I'm glad I raised them from the time they were kits but it's sad that my sweet girls are going through this phase! Everything is on their terms right now...I do my best to appease them, LOL! Can't wait for them to truly reach adulthood.

I've seen pics of your gorgeous girls! I don't think I've ever wanted to bury my face in a pile of fur that much! Of course, they'd never tolerate it, but it works out perfectly in my head. ;) I raised Nixi and Buddha from kits as well, and I guess attempting to appease them really is all we can do, eh? *sigh* Hopefully they'll grow up a little quicker for both of us!

Is she still peeing on her shelves? ;-)

Of course! She kacks at me, hits my hand away, turns her back to me...

Last night I got chirps in my ear, popcorns and kisses. I also gave her a bath and picked up a fresh bag of hay. I know how to win my girl over. :neener:

You're lucky Cindy! Neither Nixi or Buddha could be coerced with a dust bath, cholla logs or a piece of shredded wheat last night. Sure, they willingly took everything I handed them, but ran and hid again right after, giving me the stink eye the whole time. It's hysterical how creatures so little and cute can be SO angry!

Of course! She kacks at me, hits my hand away, turns her back to me...

Last night I got chirps in my ear, popcorns and kisses. I also gave her a bath and picked up a fresh bag of hay. I know how to win my girl over. :neener:

It is so funny (yet somewhat of a relief!) to read about some of the crazy antics of chins! I often worry that mine are from some alien planet and that they are the only ones who do some of this zany stuff!

I saw the reference to your girl peeing on her shelves, and had to post, because my oldest, Annie, does that too! I ended up having to get a whole new unit because she had destroyed the other one. And she seems to like the new shelves just fine because she hasn't peed on them at all! What a silly girl.....

I think My male chin Marty is entering the teenage stage (he is 6months old tomorrow). Over the last week he's started to misbehave. Normally he would happily run flat out around my room at night and play with tubes and boxes. Now all he wants to do it chew everything! And when he's not getting into trouble he seems to just goes back into his cage glare at me. He used to be super friendly but he has gone all skittish now.

My chin is starting the teenage stage. How long does this last? He is constantly biting me and quite moody. I'm not sure how to get him to stop biting me.

Back