World's Largest Dog

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to beleive that George was the runt of the liter, but grew into a gaint! I loved this story, I also love how he "sits" on the couch LOL

What an incredible dog! People have thought my doberman looked like a small horse and he is TINY compared to George! He would be so awesome to have...although I don't envy the family when it comes to their dog food bill and poop clean up!

I didnt realize he lived in Tucson! haha is he still alive now? I know incredibly large dogs only have a 6-8 year life span maybe...they just dont live very long for some reason. I love big dogs! But they are so expensive.

Is this like Clifford come to life? Ya know... Clifford the big red dog? I mean... he's a *lil* smaller than Clifford... and he isn't red. But Clifford was a runt too!

I have 2 Great Danes but they are no where near his size. I wish though. And for those of you who think they eat a lot, mine don't. We feed them the Raw Diet which is so much less then dog food and way better for them. They each eat about 2-2.5 pounds of Raw meat a day.

my dobie is 7 -ish (I can't remember, shame on me) and he has always loved to run around like a greyhound. He is now starting to show signs of wear and tear - joint issues. I can imagine how strained this dane's joints would be, especially if he was a terror when he was younger.

Yeah my Dane loves to run around like that too. We have a friend who has a whippet and she can actually keep up with him, till he turn anyways, lol, but if their running straight shes right there next to him.

They really are great dogs though I guess I’ll use this blatant bragging opportunity to introduce my other fur (and shell) babies

Misty- Great dane

IMG_20110816_140114.jpg

Magic- Great Dane

IMG_20120120_175750.jpg

Ohe – Russian Tortoise

200767.jpg

( Lola has her own room safely tucked away from Dane sniffs and bumps - They can be a little less then graceful sometimes lol. )

We have a big house by necessity ( 4 teenagers and 2 adult children) so the Danes ages 4 and 6 fit right in :) Hubby and I laugh ( bittersweet) when we imagine our lives 7 years from now with kids grown, and Just he, I , Lola and Ohe - it will be eerie quiet at that point. I may even rescue an older chin buddy for Lola come that time lol just to help the empty nest syndrome lol

George is no longer the largest, he got surpassed this summer, but he's a very loved boy! He was his family's first Dane, and started life being smuggled into a "no pets" apartment. As you can imagine, that didn't last long!

Your link didn't worked for me so I searched "giant george great dane" and shocked to know previously recognized as the world's tallest living dog, George is dead :-(.

Back