Going away

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcw142

So I went to NYC for my birthday from Thursday to Saturday afternoon. I wrote a list of things I do for Milo for my parents to do for Milo. I made sure he was handled often in the morning and at night, I made sure the temp was okay, and I made sure they talked to him and treated him with mealies.

Now Milo is acting a little timid and seems very nervous. I feel like I ruined everything...

So the question is, will he get back to normal shortly?! It seemed as though he was just getting used to me now I'm back to square one.

Unless something hugely traumatic occurred while you were gone (like he was viciously attacked -- and you'd see signs of that), he'll come around soon. It might just be that he needs one night of regular handling by, and snuggling with, you. Or a couple days.

Hedgies are creatures of habit. They know their schedule. They know their people. When something changes, they feel stressed. Once you and he get back to how things were before the trip and he has a chance to understand that everything is back to normal, he'll behave more normally.

Back