Hedgie colors?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Pig

I got 2 hedge hog girls pets only. just curious as to what color they are?

one is lighter than the other, they are sisters and one looks like it has the color on its cheeks. Mom is albino, not sure her color line, dad is, I believe a cinnamon snowflake.

here are pictures of mom babies and father:

Mother and babies

Daughter 1 - darker

Daughter 2 - a little bit lighter

Dad

Aww. Very cute. Have they gone through their last quilling (usually starts around week 8)? Colors can change during quilling.

Assuming all stays the same:
Daughter 1 looks like she might be an Algerian chocolate given quill colors, dark nose, dark mask with little patches under her eyes.
Daughter 2 looks like she might be a white-bellied brown given quill colors, dark nose, lighter mask and absence of patches under her eyes.

The main things that factor into it are: overall color of quills (noting the % of white-only quills and any patches/spots of just just white), any mottling of the skin, color of the nose, color of the eyes, and color & extent of the mask.

13 weeks old then :) -- assuming I counted correctly. Provided they've made it through quilling, those should be their adult colors. They are adorable!

Back