What color am I?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayyne

Just wondering what color he's considered. This is Percy, according to my 4 year old daughter he's a platypus...or sometimes a porcupine :) As you can see he's pretty prickly.
percypie2.jpg

percypie.jpg

I will let the experts address his color. I think Percy is stunning!

Algerian given his little cheek patches.
Color is a little tricky since he has his quills up, so I'm looking at the color bands on the quills atop his head. I'm thinking either brown or chocolate.
Either way, he's a very cute "platypus"

He's whiter when his quills are down...I'll try to get a picture of that :). He's a great little buddy.

I'd have to say he is Algerian Chocolate. If you can get an image in a bit better lighting it will help. It doesn't need to be with his quills flat. Some hedgehogs will appear whiter when their quills are flat because their color band is lower down on the quill shaft than others.

Speaking of colors...even though my girl is mostly cream with dark patches, is she pinto?

Attachments

• Ellie Mae 008.jpg
    Ellie Mae 008.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 39
Speaking of colors...even though my girl is mostly cream with dark patches, is she pinto?

Yes, she's a pinto.

Unofficially, I'd say she looks a bit like an Oreo cookie given the cream is surrounded by the colored quills on both ends ;)

She Definitly is a pinto, my girl is a cinnicot(sp?) pinto... But I'm not sure what your girls color is. Pinto just describes the white patches :)
She is very pretty!

Back