Cuddling chins?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2chins1planet

2Chins1Planet
So i have two rescue chinchillas, from the same adopting place but from separate homes when they were turned in. They were caged for about two months together i believe there and then i got them in janurary. They are both girls and about the same age.

I'm wondering what the behavior of them cuddling means? they almost 80% of the time run around in a pack at play time, theyll sit together on a shelf, lay together in the same tube (It's pretty big) and even often they literally lie on each other. and its not just one theyll take turns lieing on each other. My guess is they just i guess clicked and get a long really good even if they didnt always know each other.

I have two chins (boys) That do this all the time, too. It simply means they're getting along well. :)

It's instinct for them to stay together and cuddle. Chins can be very social little critters, especially the girlies. I'm so glad to hear that they are getting along so well. Chinchillas do so well when they have a good friend to play with and snuggle with all the time.

I have some cages with six little girls in each and all six will cram into their little house to snuggle or snuggle in a pile in the middle of the cage. They just seem more contented when they can do that.

By the way, why didn't you post a picture of them cuddled together? :p

It's instinct for them to stay together and cuddle. Chins can be very social little critters, especially the girlies. I'm so glad to hear that they are getting along so well. Chinchillas do so well when they have a good friend to play with and snuggle with all the time.

I have some cages with six little girls in each and all six will cram into their little house to snuggle or snuggle in a pile in the middle of the cage. They just seem more contented when they can do that.

By the way, why didn't you post a picture of them cuddled together? :p

okay well thats good im glad they are very content with eachother, makes me think they they arent lonley for the times that im not home, but even then i know family comes by and talks to them offten. heres a picture, wish i could get one of them in their tube, i mean its a big tube but they are big them selves so they just go ontop of eachother and its the funniest thing=) :thumbsup:

2013-01-27203340_zpsa41deef4.jpg

Back