Male Chin Always Turns Head Sideways! Help

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 5 month old pink white male. He is the cutest little booger and he does the cutest things. So me and my boyfriend figured when he twists his head to the side, it was just another little quirky thing he does.
We also have another chin, a 5 month old light ebony, who we bought from a very sweet breeder. We keep her updated on the light ebony she sold us, and we also buy feed from her.
Anyways, a couple days ago she came over so we could stock up on some feed, we told her about our pink-white and how he constantly turns his head sideways and she suggested we take him to the vet right away! This is really making me worried ):
Any suggestions before I get him to the vet??
I kind of always thought he had something wrong with his eyes, like he's nearsighted! He has always been very gentle. He hops around and walks with caution. If I set him on our bed, he goes and sits on the edge, like he's scared to jump down. Idk what to do, please help! I posted some pics of him doing this, it was hard to get a good one. He does this alllllll the tiiiiime!

Thank you!!
Ashlee & Adam

Attachments

• 2011-02-08 08.44.17_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    2011-02-08 08.44.17_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2011-02-08 08.51.57_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    2011-02-08 08.51.57_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 2011-02-08 08.50.38_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    2011-02-08 08.50.38_Greenfield_Indiana_US.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 47
he does look like he has a head tilt which could indicate a inner ear infection. I would definitely take him to a chin knowledge vet. Ear infections can be cause brain problems or death

Yes, you need to get him looked at by a vet asap. Words on a screen can not treat him. He needs veterinary care. Inner ear infections can be deadly.

If I remember correctly, you are in the Indianapolis area. We have a great exotics vet here that is very good with chinchillas. Her name is Dr. Angela Lennox at the Avian and Exotic Animal Clinic. They are on the northwest side. 317-879-8633.

Back