Strange noises.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abomination

Heya, I bought my very first chinchilla about a year ago. She's generally very quiet except for couple times she's been making noises when she was asleep. I think this one is normal. But about two weeks ago I moved her cage to a different part of my apartment so she'd have more room to run around, when it's playtime. I was worried that she was getting bored on staying that same old room and there was no TV or radio that she could...uh, listen to. Plus this way she'd see me while I worked on the computer or was watching telly. I was just basically worried that she gets bored.

Anyway, I moved her cage and everything was fine. She really liked the extra space to roam around and there were no real issues. But I noticed that she sat around in a different part of the cage than usual, more towards the old room she used to be in. That got me thinking that maybe she wants to be there and that this spot is too "open" for her, and that the noises annoy her more than anything else. I'm probably reading too much into this. :p So I moved her to the old room. Now she's been more craving for attention, leans on the cage the second I enter the room...and she's been wanting to get out of the cage more. And sometimes when I'm out of the room for a while, she does this noise I've never heard her do before. I looked into it more and it's this one:

http://www.chinchilla-sounds.de/bedr_e.htm

The defense sound. I'm not really sure what to make of it really. Is it the missing affection thing or is just something in there annoying her? Because I got a new radio that I put on quiet, just so she wouldn't be bored. Could it be that that's the thing she doesn't like?

Back