The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a leaper ledge there and then a shelf below that, so she has 2 places to jump to. I think the leaper ledge is about 4-5 inches below the hole and then the shelf is a few inches below that.

I'm loving these FN cages! I really like that there are two levels with a little hole to get between each. I was seriously considering building a melamine cage for my chins, but now I'm torn between that and an FN cage. This is going to be a tough decision!!!!

My Critter Nation!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

For those of you with the 142 split in two - how do you keep the noise down when the chins up top jump onto their floor? More specifically, how do you do that without the chin underneath deciding that the cushioning you've used looks like a fun thing to chew?

I haven't had any noise problems with my chins going from floor to floor. Do you have the pan in all the way & sitting correctly?

I also have that problem, when Macy jumps down onto the plastic pan it makes a rather loud sound. Im used to it now though so haven't tried to fix it much. I just put heavier objects to weigh it down a bit to stop the banging.

Yes, I had the pan sitting correctly in the cage. My guy isn't... graceful, and when he jumps on the floor he makes quite a sound on the upper shelf. Not nearly as bad on the lower shelf. I'm not sure what caused it, I tried to put fleece under the pan, add heavy objects, gave him low shelves to jump from, but no matter what I did he made a racket when he jumped down.

The Noise

Well I ordered fleece ramp and shelf covers, and I cant hear them jumping from level to level one bit.

For those that don't/can't watch the slide, figured I'd post up a few pics.

P2260105.jpg

P2260104.jpg

P2260102.jpg

P2260101.jpg

KayKay That looks awesome I love your decorations !! I'm soo hoping I get my FN this week to decorate :-D

Back