found something weird on A.i.'s skin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.i.'s_Mommy

just a few minutes ago, i was petting my baby, and while i was petting her i thought she got poopies stuck in her fur, as sometimes it happens. well, as i went to check, she barked at me, so i looked again and found this weird "growth" on her, like a "elongated nipple" on her side, i'll have to take a picture once my boyfriend get home to show you. but im kinda concerned, like REALLY, concerned that its life threating. it doesnt seem to bother her only when you touch it, it seems to hurt her. i never noticed this up till now, and her vet is closed and the nearest chinny hospital is in philly, PA which is about 2 hours away from me. so any ideas or suggestions on what i should do about it? thank you soo much!!!!

Is it right where a belly button would be? Some chinchillas have "herniated" bellybuttons - which just mean it's an outie.

How does it seem to bother her when you touch it?

Their nipples are kind of on their side. Look for another on the opposite side in the same place. If her nipples are getting bigger she is likely pregnant and due in days.

She is a girl, lol, but the thing is kinda on her side near her "arm pits" like it's right below kinda on top of her ribs. I would love to know how she got pregnant by herself, that would be interesting, but she is my only chinny. She seems like her normal self, bouncy, wants to be cuddle she's eating fine and drinking fine. But I found her belly button. So I know it's not that. Thank you again! Everyone is starting to make me feel less worried but I'm still very concerned.

It definitely sounds like an elongated nipple. How long have you had her? Could she have possibly been housed with a male before you? Or had kits in the past?

Back