Baby chinchillas more active than adults?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahappycamper

One of my chinchillas nis no longer as active as he used to be as a little baby at 8-10 weeks old. This is normal right? At one point he did go through medical emergency with malnourishment but that was quite a while ago. He isn't lethargic or anything, and everything is normal, just he seems less hyper than he was at 8-10 weeks. Is this similar to how we as humans are usually most energetic as kids and then become a bit more static as grow older?

I have noticed that my chins have calmed down a bit with age. I got Koda when he was 8ish weeks old and his was a spit fire, but now he is 2 and he spends way much more time sleeping and lounging around now. Same with all my other chins that I got as babies.

As long as he is not acting lethargic and eating/pooing normally, I wouldn't worry.

Yes, can definitely be more active than adults. There are days I see the kits zipping around the dage for hours while the parents look reallllly tolerant. As they get older, they slow down more. Obviously not to the point of sitting there being lumps, but the activity isn't the same.

Babies are usually really active, jumpy and cute. Teenage chins do it too, they are really spastic and will not sit still ever. After a year they calm down a bit, and then usually only get bad when in heat, or when the girls are in heat here.

Back