How to block off furniture

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laluvschins

I was trying to figure out the best way to block off bottom of my couch so my boys can't get under there. I had been putting blankets under it but they always squeeze underneath. Please help! Thank you!

Tough one! I use a foam mattress that happens to fit the entire length of my couch, along with big pillows so they don't get under there. Blankets are easy for them to burrow in, but larger filled items are harder. Or, you could use cardboard boxes flush to the back and front of the couch. Better yet, construct a barrier out of chin-safe wood (although who has the time). :hmm:

Get a couple of kiln dried untreated pine planks cut to an appropriate length (you can usually get the hardware stores to do this for you), then bang some nails into them to make an L shape. Slide the bottom of the L under the couch :)

Super quick!

I sewed a tube out of an old sheet and stuffed it with shredded paper. It's round enough that it fits tight and my chin can't pull it out. Though it's funny to watch him try, he grabs it with his teeth and jerks and pulls and hops up and down. He really really wants under that couch even though I have other places for him to hide.

I've never even considered blocking off the settee! My chin can and will go under it but she comes back out soon enough, and can't possibly chew it as its too narrow to turn her head under there. It's a lot easier to get her out from there though than behind the dining table or under the bed:D

Back