Weird fur patch under the chin and chest

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kekkipizza

Hey.

Yesterday I noticed that my chin had a weird fur patch on his chest and chin. At first I thought it was just a regular knot and he let me puzzle out the tangle by scrathing him. Seemed like he enjoyed too.

And then I noticed the weird hard patch under his chin. It felt like the fur spot had gotten wet and dried all weird. I had a feeling it's drool but since I scratch his chin and chest every day I haven't noticed any wet spots. His fur around his eyes are dry and under his chin as well.

Is it possible he had a hay or something stuck between his teeth which caused drooling for a moment? Or is it something with his teeth? I tried to google and search for any similar experiences but all of the answers said their the drooling is continuous.

He is eating and drinking fine, just before I noticed this issue I was watching him eat his pellets normally. Also no change in his behavior either, he is all happy and bouncy as usual.

What could this be? :// Worried.

p.s sorry for broken English.

If he isn't continuing to be wet and matted there it's very likely he just had something caught in his teeth and was drooling a bit until he got it out. Or he could have poked himself in the mouth with a bit of hay or splinter of wood.

If however he is still getting matting under his chin I would take him to the vet to get checked out. It could be something as simple as something is still stuck in his teeth, he bit his cheek or something along those lines causing him to drool a little but not enough to keep his chin wet.

Back