The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the covers are finally done & I think it looks super cutee!

298473_10150298557630667_670345666_8295473_154856626_n.jpg

Thank you!! I got the idea from the other members on here that wanted the pillowcase style covers. I had never thought to make them like that & it solved my problem of my chin running under the fleece like a bug in a rug chewing the plastic. Lol

Cage cleaning and some rearranging! Took out some stuff, added a new bridge that I made today. The boys are always sooo happy with a fresh set-up! Oh and Inca thought they deserved (demanded) a treat afterwards!

Attachments

• bridge 020.jpg
    bridge 020.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 183
  • bridge 025.jpg
    bridge 025.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 169
  • bridge 026.jpg
    bridge 026.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 249
  • bridge 028.jpg
    bridge 028.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 156
  • bridge 030.jpg
    bridge 030.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 145
Looks great! I can't wait to add pine ledges to my FN. I want another chin so bad. I'm so jealous when I see pairs or trios on here. I had a single chin then added one then added another. We had the trio for a long time and loved them! I'd love to get another one but my boyfriend is totally against it. :(

I want to be a member sooooooo badly =( Having two seperate non stackable cages is rough, especially with my limited space...Your FNs all look wonderful, and I will have one shortly...I hope =p

hahah i definitely would have a hard time saying no to that face.

kayzer209 - check craigslist, they pop up on there quite a bit :)

I've seen a few. I am kind of leery about buying a used one, because I wouldn't really know what's been in it, y'know? Although if I can get it like 100 bucks cheaper I may have to suck it up a bit lol

I've seen a few. I am kind of leery about buying a used one, because I wouldn't really know what's been in it, y'know? Although if I can get it like 100 bucks cheaper I may have to suck it up a bit lol

If you end up getting a used one, take it outside and use a mixture of bleach and water to clean and then rinse really really really well. You can also let it sit in the sun to dry off.

Added a Flying Saucer to the mix! Too bad my girls won't use it. They used to love their Leo Braun, but it was too hard on Lenore's dry feet so I had to take it out. I was hoping this one would be better. Maybe they'll figure it out eventually!

6217906669_1420cbb231.jpg

6217900447_1dcd680c40.jpg

Many of us bought FN used. I wouldn't worry about it unless it is in horrible condition with caked on yuckiness.

even caked on yuckiness can be scrubbed and sanitized off. but if somebody is selling a cage that yucky, they better be just giving it away for free!

Lol yes very true. I'm just getting antsy, I want one so bad. I could imagine just how much easier it would be to clean. I have a Martin's cage and one very similar and they're bulky and just not as awesome as the FNs. Hopefully the next time I post on this thread t'would be of pictures of my FN ^-^

YAY! I finally finished redecorating the boy's cage with shelves I bought from Shooper:

Benjamin is in the tube and Timothy is on top
(Please excuse the poop and bad photos!)

Attachments

• Full cage.jpg
    Full cage.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 193
  • Cage bottom.jpg
    Cage bottom.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 166
  • Cage top.jpg
    Cage top.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Benji Tunnel.jpg
    Benji Tunnel.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 116
  • Timbo Tunnel.jpg
    Timbo Tunnel.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 99
Lily and Willow's FN

so i've been meaning to share this for a while now, but i forget to take photos when the cage is clean. if course there is some poop, but here it is

IMG_6905.jpg

IMG_6906.jpg

IMG_6907.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

IMG_6909.jpg

Last edited:
Poop or no poop I'd want to be a chin in that cage! Speaking of cages, I was looking for a ferret nation cage, and someone took the 2 and combined them and were asking $800 for the double cage! Ouch! You all do tempt me though with your fancy decor. I have melamine cages, but then remind myself of all that poo! lol

Back