adopting a hedgie this friday

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i new to the hedgie forum since i do have 2 chinchillas.
before i bring the hedgie home i have a major concern on warmth. since my room is below 72 degrees during the day and 61 degrees at night in my room (the hedgie will be in my room) how would i keep him warm? i've talked to my dad about keeping it in another place around the house and he told me it wont be possible since our puppies are very distructive and the only room they don't have access to is my room. i have read that people use heating pads and heat lights. the lady im adopting the hedgie from is giving me all of the supplies she has for her hedgie besides anything dealing with heat. i do have my chinchillas in my room too and there able to handle anything below 73 degrees so thats another thing. if i do get a heating pad or a heat light i wouldnt want it to affect the full room but only the cage. im jumping around a little bit but idk if the lady has the hedgie in a C&C cage which id like to have where can i find a good 2x3 C&C cage? hopefully both my questions are answered thank you!

I don't know about the c&c cages, but I got a Ceramic Heat Emmiter (CHE) for my hedgie Watson, as well as a thermometer, and it worked well for him. My new girl, Harriet, doesn't seem to mind it being a little cooler, but I also have the heater in my room on now that it's winter. I would definitely recommend the CHE. I had it on one half of a wire cage with 100wtt bulb in it and it worked great for me.

I hoped this helped and Congrats on your new hedgie!

Here is a good place to start with for the cages http://www.guineapigcages.com

You will need a CHE like SilverHedgie said. One or two, depending on cage size plugged into a thermostat so you can control the temp. Most hedges need it warmer then 73 degrees so this will allow you to heat the cage only.

Back