Carpet cleaning

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2chins

Good Morning,
The Carpet Cleaners are coming tomorrow to clean the Living Room, Dining Room and the Hallways---my question is would it be Harmful if they cleaned the Carpeting in my Chinchilla's room??? His cage is in my office and I really would like the carpeting cleaned.
Appreciate your comments.

I can wheel the cage out of the room---main concern is they will be Deordorizing and Scotch Guarding the carpets and want to make sure when my Chinchilla is out for his play period the carpeting will still be okay for him to run around on??
Thoughts???

I agree with Ann, I would move him and cage out of the room. The carpet cleaner is loud(although mine will sleep through the morning cage cleaning from hand-vac and dog barking..etc.), with people moving the cleaner back and forth. Also the moisture increase in the chin room, and on top of that, the smell from the chemical they use...
Do you let your chin/chins out playing on the carpeted area? I'm not sure about this hopefully somebody else can tell you, is it safe to let chins run around on freshly cleaned carpet?

We wrote about the same time and I didn't see your post, so we have the same concern about the safety of freshly treated/cleaned carpet, hope someone can help us here. =^_^=

I'd get them in another room, and put a towel on the bottom of the door, at the minimum!
Ask to see the warning labels on what the cleaners are using, and do what it says!!
I used to "foam clean" carpets, and found, with that process, it's best to have the house as cool as possible, with the AC turned low, to promote drying!
Both odors and humidy rise - a basement would be perfect!

I can wheel the cage out of the room---main concern is they will be Deordorizing and Scotch Guarding the carpets and want to make sure when my Chinchilla is out for his play period the carpeting will still be okay for him to run around on??
Thoughts???

Sorry, I totally missed that as your question. (I'm having a super blonde day...)

We don't let the chins out to play in a carpeted area anyway, so I am not sure about that. Can you move his playtime to an uncarpeted room in the house that can be chin-proofed? I would be concerned about him nibbling on the carpet and getting it in his system.

Of course you wouldn't let him out while the carpet was wet, so I wouldn't think it would get on him and cause any problems skin-wise.

You might be able to ask the cleaners to go back through when they're done cleaning and just clean the carpet with water so that the heat and water will get rid of some of the chemicals? There shouldn't be that much in terms of chemicals anyway, because the way the machines work is just by dispensing it onto the carpet, then sucking it back up right away. Does that make sense lol? If not, you might be able to rent a carpet cleaner and just use hot water and do it yourself.

Ask the carpet cleaners. There are different carpet cleaning methods and every company uses different chemicals. No one here can say for sure whether what your cleaners use is safe. I would guess it is as if kids or other pets got sick from crawling around on the carpet they'd get sued.

My dad used to clean carpets and had his own business for a while. They did have some solutions that were not really pet friendly that they used for commercial jobs. It was stuff that you didn't want to walk on barefoot while it was still wet because it'd make your feet tingle. This was close to 20 years ago mind you.

We do our own carpets with a buffer. The chins really don't care, but I would move them out of the room just so the cleaners don't pester them.

I clean the carpet in my chin room about every three weeks. I do not move them out of the room, but I use the lowest solution setting. I do turn on a dehumidifier and a/c and leave their room open for circulation.

Mine don't get playtime on the carpet cause they try to eat it. I think that them rinsing it with just water afterwards is a good idea. Just tell them you want a pet friendly solution, I use a pet solution.

I really APPRECIATE All your comments!!! I will talk to the Cleaners tomorrow and hear what they have to say. Maybe better yet just leave it alone.:hmm:

Hello,
Anyone have any recommendations on someone for carpet cleaning that will REALLY clean the carpets?

Anyone have any recommendations on someone for carpet cleaning that will REALLY clean the carpets?

Ask the carpet cleaners. There are different carpet cleaning methods and every company uses different chemicals. No one here can say for sure whether what your cleaners use is safe. I would guess it is as if kids or other pets got sick from crawling around on the carpet they'd get sued.

My dad used to clean carpets and had his own business for a while. They did have some solutions that were not really pet friendly that they used for commercial jobs. It was stuff that you didn't want to walk on barefoot while it was still wet because it'd make your feet tingle. This was close to 20 years ago mind you.

We do our own carpets with a buffer. The chins really don't care, but I would move them out of the room just so the cleaners don't pester them.

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion:)

I always try to keep my carpet very clean, And that is why i always use steam carpet cleaning:wave:

Move cage to another room for sometime and ask them to do carpet cleaning. After that place it again where it's earlier.

Hello,

Anybody who tells me If I clean my carpet by myself so there is any stipulation keep in mind because kids & pet are in my house. I want clean as much as possible it is fully covered with dust & for a long time, it's smell not gone.so reply with some tips.

Thanks in Advance

I will talk to the Cleaners tomorrow and hear what they have to say so please dont waste your time here :D

Back