Help for my baby girl!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xBellonax

I have a 3 year old baby girl named Lucy that has very suddenly become so sick! Earlier today she was up and about, running in her wheel and everything and tonight she is dragging her back legs and barely even moving! I did notice yesterday that she still had food from the night before in her dish and that is very unlike her, but I figured it was just one night and she would catch up tonight. However, I just tried to give her mealworms and she won't eat them! Lucy NEVER turns down mealworms! I had also noticed that she was losing a little bit of weight lately, but this is typical of her because of how active she is! Sometimes I literally have to take her wheel away because she will run soooo much!

She has never acted like this before and I am super scared! She's breathing super hard and is just lying on my bed :( If anyone knows what I can possibly do to help her out I would greatly appreciate it!

A vet as soon as possible will be the best. See if there is an e-vet that will see her right away. Make sure she is warm enough. That is all I know to tell you. I hope she starts to feel better soon. You are in my thoughts.

My husband and I took our Lucy to the emergency 24 hr animal hospital and they found she had congestive heart failure and her organs were shutting down. Sadly, and with a heavy heart, we had to put her to sleep. There was nothing they could do and she was suffering, so we had to do what was right. I miss my baby girl so much already! :( Sometimes life really just isn't fair :'(

Back