poop

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TnkTaingTal

Tainga has always had smaller poop than my other chins, but recently they've become smaller. She is acting and eating normally. The only thing changed in her diet was I stopped giving her her favorite treats because they are bad for her. My chin vet is out of town until next week. There is another vet in that office willing to see tainga, but I'm weary because she is no chin expert. There is another vet about 20mins further which does not have good reviews. I don't know what to do. Its been a few days since this began. I've tried giving her probiotics, but it hasn't changed. Her poops are normal most of the day, but when I wakeup in the am I see some very tiny droppings :(

The only time you should worry about a change in the size of their poo is if you haven't changed their diet. If the treats were high in fat content then this would explain why the poo is smaller in size. Chinchillas do however actually produce two types of dropping the same as rabbits do, one is for disguarding waste and a second type is for eating and reprocessing the nutrients. These are often eaten as they are produced and are not dropped to the floor.

Back