MCBA York Show 2009

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moon

Seymore Fuzzbutts
Atlantic Chapter Live Animal (Optional Claiming) Show

April 18th, 2009
Union Fire & Hose Company #1 of Dover
30 E. Canal St
Dover, PA 17315

Judge: Dave Woods (?) (and observers)

Setup: 7am Grooming: 7:30 to 10:00 am

All animals must be checked in and groomed before the classification starts at 10 am!

Classifying starts promptly at 10 am - show starts immediately after classification

There will be prizes and raffles, including a live animal raffle!

Dave Woods
[email protected]

Thank you for Posting this Mokica. There will be atleast 2 live animals for raffle! If you would like to donate ANYTHING tward the raffles, please contact me. I know last year we had some great items up! I hope this year will be even better!

Also, lunch will be pot luck. There is no set fee, but we do ask you make a small cash donation or bring in food for everyone to enjoy!

Yes Dave is Judging!

hope to be there.

someone had hotel info posted on CnQ which was great. bad news is i procrastinated so could said "someone" please repost?

I am really hoping to make it this year!

What kinds of things do people bring for the potluck? Will be able to refrigerate or microwave whatever we bring? That makes a big difference in what I would make!

I'll have to check on the hotels - I'm not where I can do that right now, but hopefully someone else will see this and post, or I can check later when I get home.

As far as the food, you can bring whatever you want! If it needs to be warm, it's best if you can bring an electric frying pan, crockpot, or some other way to keep it hot if it's supposed to be hot. There is electricity. I don't think there's a microwave there, but I could be wrong. Keeping something cool shouldn't be a problem - it's usually not that warm in April yet.

Taken off of last years York show ad:

Hotels in area: Range Hotel - (717) 432-9766
Best Western - (717) 767-6931

Moonika and Kelly - Would you rather have your names or your ranch brands listed since you guys are donating stuff?

Wish it could but the paper is only big enough for one or the other because of the way it's laid out. This is just the add that goes in the magazine, not something that is actually at the show.

LMAO hush up! I blame my physical condition! ... and yeah yeah yeah... I made the print smaller so we could all have our names and ranches on there. Doesn't look as WOW but still works.

Sheesh.. you would think someone was an english teacher or something:rolleyes:

If you can't fit my name then from Mystic Mosaics is fine :)

The show ad should be posted within the next day or so. Just waiting on the thumbs up or thumbs down from the big boss. Monika and Kelly you guys have the pre-lim ad to review and make sure what is on there is correct!

BTW! We still need people to donate for the Baby Derby Trophies!!! 2nd and 3rd place are available!

Last edited:
Any special way to get items entered into a raffle? I have quite a few bags of 25# Mazuri feed i could donate.

Andrew Heebner
Sinking Spring Chinchillas

So I'm kinda confused. I've never been to a show before but I'm definitely planning to attend.
What time should I be there by?
Do you know approx. how many people will be there? I want to bring some food but I'm not sure how much of one thing I should bring.
Is there a fee to get in?

Even if you are not showing I would get there early so you can walk around and talk to all the people grooming and see the chins. If you come after they start to class the chins you won't be allowed behind the tables. Just bring one dish of something good.... umm like cookies :D

There was an entry fee for familys if you didn't show an animal.. Brandi will have that info

I'm planning on being there! However my ride from last year seems to have disappeared. Anyone talk to Judy and know if she's going again? I still have her cake dish, and she still has my carrier lol!

If someone could post directions(from Rte 30?), that'd greatly help as well. I'll see if I can borrow the g-parents van. If not, well... Who wants to give me a ride? ;) I'll have about 3 bags of feed coming back with me from Megan hopefully lol

Ashley, just jump on 30. Get off the 74/Carlisle Rd Exit (it will be right after you see the Olive Garden on the left hand side in York). Make a right at the light getting onto 74 and keep going straight until you get to East Canal. At east Canal turn right. Firehall is on the right side not too far away from the turn.

If set up can be done the night before someone let me know who to have contact me so I can go over and help the all of 15 min drive over.

Back