Annie's New Cage!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X

xwhateverx92

So I am not a very DIY person, but I was able to make Annie's C&C cage last night without too much difficulty! I am going to "transfer" her and all of her stuff into it (which is why its a bit bare now) when I take her out at her usual playtime today. I'm really excited to see how she likes it!
So I am just putting the finishing touches on it now, and was wondering what to do with my ceramic heat emitter. Is it ok to just leave it on the top of the cage like I have in the photo?

I'll let you all know what Annie thinks of it later, and maybe snap a few photos to share. :)

Attachments

• anniescage.jpg
    anniescage.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 158
:thumbsup: Looks awesome. And Annie will love it. When I switched Sid to a C&C I could tell she was happier with the amount of running around she was doing.

Looks great. I love pink cages. Thankfully my boys don't have issues with pink because sometimes they end up with it. :rofl:

The new cage looks great. When I was using a C&C, I put the ceramic heat emitter on top just like you have it, and I never had any problems.

So I think Annie approves of her new cage! She was a little scared at first, but seemed okay after a bit. Here are a few pictures. She tried burrowing in her litter pan- silly girl! :rofl: So I replaced the aspen bedding with some paper towel. She wandered around for a while very timid, but curious. She found her new water bowl (replaced her bottle) and started to drink up the water very happily! As soon as I put her familiar igloo and tshirts in her cage, she went right inside. I think she'll be a pretty happy hedgie.

Attachments

• annie51.jpg
    annie51.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 95
  • annie58.jpg
    annie58.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 90
  • annie59.jpg
    annie59.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 84
  • annie54.jpg
    annie54.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 102
  • annie61.jpg
    annie61.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 81
She is too cute, and looks so tiny. What is that next to the emitter?

Hooray for pink! Maserati's is pink, too (with a bit of green and yellow to balance it out). She is adorable, and will be so thankful for the extra running room! :)

Cool cage:thumbsup:
i was thinking of making a C&C cage but don't know how many grids to buy?How many did you use?

I used 1 box and had some left over and my cage is 2 grids by 4 grids

My cage is 3x2 grids. I used 2 boxes of the cubes to also make the bottom compartments.

How well is the heating on your cage? This is the type of cage my boyfriend was suggesting on building along with the ceramic heat emitter. Just wondering how well it stays heated. thanks so much. Also what wattage bulb are you using or is suggested?

Susan

How well is the heating on your cage? This is the type of cage my boyfriend was suggesting on building along with the ceramic heat emitter. Just wondering how well it stays heated. thanks so much. Also what wattage bulb are you using or is suggested?

Susan

The bulb I am using is a 150. Annie's cage stays between 75-78 degrees.

Great cage! And very cute hedgie. I love being able to do a pink cage for Penny. I have 12 chinnie boys, so needed to have some pink somewhere!!!

Back