Please help!!! Asap!!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lalalollipop

My 4 day old hedgehog that I have been hand raising looks like its dying! Please. what do I do!!!

Its belt is very soft and mushy like. Its hardly moving and opening its mouth to breath. I love her and don't want her to die!! Please help her! :'(

I'm not a hedgie person, but from reading a lot of topics here I can tell you this, you're not really giving enough information for anyone to help but so much. I think your better bet would be to post where your from and let someone try and direct you to a reputable vet close to you to get your baby to as soon as possible. I'm a firm believer of when in doubt get to a vet, especially if you think your babies life is as risk.

I am so sorry. It is incredibly difficult to hand-raise a baby hedgie. Despite best efforts and doing the "right things," many babies do not make it. We humans are a poor substitute for a real hedgie momma.

If she's survived the night, best thing to do is give her lots of love and bring her to a vet.

i just went through all this and the cause of this is over feeding. I'm sorry. if you even over feed a tny drop it'll get into there lungs and they'll drown. did you see any come out of its nose and is the tummy all black or just a spot? turn it upside down and rub its tummy and thats saved a couple of mine. I'm currently hand raising 5 4 week old babes. also is the skin ashy or thinner than usual? give them clear pedialyte to replenish nutrients and rehidrate. a vet sadly can't do much and i hate to say you'd be waisting your money but you could try.

Back